Friday, January 28, 2011

What are some really good audiobooks?



Your Ad Here



Audiobooks
by Verde O

Question by Chip: What are some really good audiobooks?

I have a free credit for an audiobook, and I want to get a good one, that is one where the reader's voice is very good and the book itself is at least decently good.

Basically, which audiobooks have the greatest reader, rather than the greatest book?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by Azriel
The Bartimaeus Trilogy as read by Simon Jones is fantastic (if you enjoy fantasy).
Simon Jones is one of the best audiobook readers I've come across. Granted I only really listen to fantasy audiobooks, but I've heard a fair variety of readers and Jones is wonderful. He does voices and accents quite well and really lends personality to each character. Of course, the books are written well also, that helps immensely.

Nathaniel Parker reads the Artemis Fowl books quite well, his accents are good, but the books themselves are only fairly good. They're entertaining but haven't made it to my favorites list.


On the other end of the spectrum stay FAR away from books narrated by Melanie Martinez. I only ever heard one by her but it was awful. It was Voices by Ursula Le Guin and I can't even tell you if it was a good book because I was so distracted by the awful reading. Horrible inflection, no personality, bad bad acting.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment