Thursday, May 12, 2011




Question by Jane: How do I reference an image in a book that has no name or date?

Harvard Referencing. Trying to cite an image that I've used in an essay. The book is an artist's book with illustrations, there is no text whatsoever. I have the reference of the book and was planning on referencing with Untitled Image, and then the details of the book, but I'm not sure what to do about the date. I can't find out anywhere when the work was produced. Thanks...
Thankyou both, I guess either would work!




Best answer:

Answer by Jo
Howdy-

I'd use the date of the book's publication (found in the front by ISBN #) like you'd normally do and also write "Undated image" next to Untitled image.

-- Jo





Add your own answer in the comments!

Other posts like this, by keyword:

No comments:

Post a Comment