Thursday, March 3, 2011

I want to start a vegetable garden, but I have no idea where to begin!?



Your Ad Here





Question by lucky*red:

I want to start a vegetable garden, but I have no idea where to begin!?



Your Ad Here





I want to start a vegetable garden but I'm not sure where to start.

Any tips on a first time garden-grower?

What type of soil? plants for the season? should i start a compost?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by eskie lover
I started my first veggie garden in containers and still have some growing in them. It enabled me to move them around the yard until I was able to determine where each kind did the best. Start with easy to grow veggies, like peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, beans, squash and even herbs. I use a variety of different types of soil available at the home improvement center largely because the soil around here is so poor that I have to amend it (Degenerated Granite, hard as a rock). Ask at your nursery or home improvement center about your soil conditions and they can tell you what you will need.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment