Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How can a comic book writer hook up with a comic artist/illustrator?



Your Ad Here





Question by answers_anonymous:

How can a comic book writer hook up with a comic artist/illustrator?



Your Ad Here





I write comics on the side for fun mostly - I used to draw manga pretty well, but life got in the way and I can't draw anymore. I'd love to see some of my stories illustrated or develop a web comic or something - but all the comic artists I seem to meet already have their own ideas that they are drawing. Where can a person go to meet uninspired artists? There has to be some decent artists out there who want to draw something but have no stories/ideas... Even if to only build portfolio pieces... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
I also know that the genre of comics/manga themselves is to WRITE and DRAW - but I can only do one half :) I know the big comic labels have writers on staff that they pair up with artists - that's sort of what I'm looking for, just don't know how to go about doing it!
Thanks for the replies - but online was my first avenue. I tried numerous times with no success, including placing ads on craigslist, etc. I stumbled upon one comic/writer networking site - but the authors that founded it only allow their own work. I've also tried DeviantArt to no avail - I just wanted to see if anyone knew of something new out there I could try.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by GS
Network. Make lots of friends that are in the industry (or aspiring to be in the industry), and sooner or later you will not only find someone who will want to collaborate with you, but you will already be friends with them, making the relationship and collaboration easier.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment